Hello to a new blog post series! I know, I’m getting really into creating routines for my blog, but I think it’s good to know that things will always be coming your way. I’ve seen a lot of awesome blogs out there do a weekend round up of their favorite things from the past week. So I decided that I would give it a go and compile my own lists! There are so many amazing things out there, and it’s great to be reminded of that especially during times of stress, negativity and sadness. So check out my favorite things from this week!
- Oprah Winfrey gave one of the most inspirational and motivational speeches I’ve ever heard when accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the 75th Annual Golden Globes.
- Bustle covered a story about a 27-year-old woman who was diagnosed with bone cancer. Her letter is heartbreaking, but will give you the perspective you need to not take life for granted.
- Model Denise Bidot wrote an amazing story for Refinery29 about how watching her mom struggle to accept her own body taught her to love the one she has. As someone who has struggled with body image, this hits close to home, and made me think about how much better it is to love yourself, rather than putting yourself down because you don’t look like everyone else.
- I’m obsessing over these easy Valentine ideas by Studio DIY.
- Anderson Cooper gave a moving speech Thursday night on CNN about his love and support of Haiti.
- If you’re like me and get stressed out way too often, The Stripe shared a way to chill out in 60 seconds.